The events insights screen provides a list of events generated by BMC TrueSight Intelligence. Currently, TrueSight Intelligence generates a list of abnormality events only.
To view the list of events
The beta release of TrueSight Intelligence only lists abnormality events.
Select one of the options below to view the list of events:
- Click Apps and select View application details to view an application. From the details screen, click the Events toggle button to view the list of events generated for the devices associated with the application.
- Click Sources and select a device to view the list of events generated for the device. Click View all from the events section to view all the events generated for the device. You can use also select a time range for which events should be displayed. Use the following filters to reduce the number of events displayed.
- Status: Select Open, Closed, or both.
- Insight Type: Select Abnormality, Event, or both.
- Severity: Select the severity level(s).
- Apps: Select specific apps to view the events for the apps as well.
- Metrics: Select specific metrics to view their events.
- Sources: Select specific devices to view their events.
- Source Types: Select the source types for which you want to view events.
To view abnormality details
An abnormality event indicates a deviation of a metric value from its baseline. The baseline is established automatically based on data from the previous day.
For example, if 100 - 200 loan requests were received every hour on the previous day, this value range is established as the baseline. An abnormality event is generated if the number of requests goes above or below this established range for the current day. Click an event to view details such as Event ID, IP addresses, Device name, and so on. The abnormality event is highlighted on the chart.
For more detailed information please see the BMC TrueSight Intelligence Documentation page on the subject.